2012/03/12

Secret love

As social media spread the information so quickly and widely, it's easier but more circuitous to love some one secretly. Sometimes, it even dries my brain to think about how could I live without computer 10 years ago. What did I do to kill the boring time? 


I wrote many letters, not love letters to a boy I liked. If there isn't anything wrong with my memory, that must have been 42 letters. Even I can't remember what the content could be. But I still can tell the feelings when I wrote and gave the letters to him. Fortunately, I didn't clarify my feeling to him. In fact, from the beginning to the end, it seemed like that it was just an one-man show for me, and you can tell this too if you know the number of letters that he replied. 







Missing, thinking, writing, and finding a good time to give out the letters... this process made the feeling more complicated and deeper. My feeling for the guy began by the end of the first year of high school. Perhaps it was because the separation of the class. We didn't have much communication, in fact. This is just another "good girl save bad boy" story. I've used almost 3 years to get rid of my feelings for him. 


But nowadays the situation is totally different. Facebook, Twitter, Google... all of these tools of internet can be used to track someone. Hiding a secret becomes a burden for those who are loving someone secretly. Keeping some secrets is never easy. Especially when you feel closer through the information from the internet, or even dreaming of him based on his recent life you've imagined. You add his friends as your friends on facebook, just wanting to see if there's some news about him. If lucky, maybe you can see the photos where he's tagged. But deep inside, you know, that he'll never know this secret. And after you've seen all you could find through the internet, you feel depressed, or pathetic. Because, you know, you'll always live in your imagination of his world.  You may even have thought of making a fake name to get close to him, talk with him. But you can't love him with your identification as he already knows you.


It is lucky that google knows your preferences of usage rather than the secret hide in your heart. Once the computer becomes so intelligent that it can tell what you're thinking about, there would be no secret left. 

No comments:

Post a Comment